MOBILE BEST PRACTICES
Having a mobile first strategy has become imperative as enterprises are putting major emphasis on understanding various tools that can portray a strong focus on making overall tasks of an end user highly simple. It is highly important to understand that embarking on mobility solutions should not be considered as an alternative approach and organizations should embark on a schematic planning with proper management of resources.
There are various aspects of mobile best practices which involve systematic steps in order to implement a robust mobile first strategy. These are pre-development steps that need to be taken into consideration leading to culmination of a successful mobile application.
- Documentation of key areas within the organization: It is important to understand that mobility solutions have to work in accordance to the legacy processes. With proper documentation at an initial stage it becomes easy to ensure the alignment mobile applications with existing enterprise architecture.
- Research of key areas of mobile processes: As mobility is still in it's nascent form, there has to be a certain understanding of the various processes involved. Rather than thinking in terms of mobile desktop applications, there has to be a whole new holistic approach with customized processes that can be automated as per the requirement.
- Identification of Industry and Competitive Trends: Mobile best practices is not just curtailed to implementation of mobile application. There has to an understanding of the current market trends in place and how the mobile applications can be customized so as to attain maximum output. This gives vital insights about the requirements of the end users and successful adoptions among them.
- Examination of the impact of mobility on key business processes: There is no denying the fact that every new technology brings along with it, the need for transformation. This calls for examination of key areas that can be streamlined and simplified so as to minimize the revamping of overall processes.
- Evaluation of various technology platforms: When implementing a mobility solution it is important to understand various technologies that would best serve the requirement of the client. As more and more mobile platforms come into existence it is vital to leverage upon prominent technologies that can give maximum output. There is also the need to understand the distribution model to be put in place.
- Understanding MDM, MAM and BYOD approach: As enterprises start to implement mobility into their core business processes, there is need for developers to adhere to various approaches like mobile device management, mobile application management, bring your own device. As enterprise mobility calls for a whole new paradigm, developers have to walk a fine line of mobile best practices for viable deployment of applications.
- Emphasize responsive web design with Fluidic UX: A major part of mobile best practices focuses on content sharing across various platforms. There is a need to understand the importance of preparing, building, rolling out and finally sustaining the mobile application with responsive and liquid UI design.
The overall business process as well as workflow modeling gives vital insights to key areas that can enhance the output for mobile applications. These mobile best practices, surely results in streamlining legacy processes and implementing mobile solution in accordance to the overall architecture to accommodate process changes.
Although the above mentioned aspects are highly immersive, it is vital to understand that they are just part of pre-development life cycle. mobile application development involves precision steps which can portray into a successful application.
- Workflow modeling of Business Process : These involve vital analysis of the overall business process so that the end application is build around it. This information can be used to build an initial workflow of the overall development process and identify key areas of process improvement.
- Designing of Visual Wireframes and storyboards :It is necessary to understand that the design phase of the development ought to be emphasized. Storyboards and wireframe help developers have a visual idea of the final product, according to which they can make corresponding changes. The nitty-gritty of the functional process is also taken into consideration so as to reduce the scope of creep and rework.
- Encapsulation of functionality : The functional specification elaborates all the fields and functions of each screen in the applications. This documentations is highly vital as it allows testers to have a more detailed tracking of each function during the Validation Phase.
- Agile Development : Every ADLC (Application development life cycle) goes through a phase of sprint development where developers process the code of the application by merging the repositories. This type of agile development is highly necessary as it not only compresses the development timeline, but also erodes the redundancies.
- QA and Testing : Application limits as well as it features need to be tested thoroughly for compatibility. It is important to understand that the application would run on different network architecture as well as platform which would involve various types of matrix traceability as well as functional and validation testing. This can happen in multiple stages and would feature extensive evaluation across different devices.
Having a viable mobile strategy involves in depth application consideration which include the process of business research, app development, pricing and distribution model. This systematic nuance put together results in mobile best practice.